Arenal Volcano Foundation is an organization created to strengthen and support the development of the Arenal Volcano National Park. Our goal is to raise funds and serve as a development platform, carry out plans, and partner with the government, the community, private enterprises, agencies, state and international bodies, with the goal of developing sustainability for Arenal Volcano National Park through educational, cultural and scientific activities.
Our mission is to develop and implement strategies to promote conservation, sustainability, and good stewardshio of the natural resources in Arenal National Park.
Being an organization that serves as a management body for the sustainable development of Protected Areas of the North Huetar Conservation Area, including Arenal Volcano National Park, and developing and implementing strategies for the improve of quality of life for the people of the area .
- Coordinate conservation activities and management of the Arenal Volcano National Park.
- Buy land in order to integrate the heritage of the Arenal Volcano National Park.
- Implement and develop environmental education programs and sustainable development.
- Promote the development of the Arenal Volcano National Park with healthy resources.
- Promote sustainable development and ecologically balanced commercial and tourism sector in the area.
- Build a better use of existing resources.
- Confirming the Arenal Volcano National Park as a model for sustainable development and utilization of natural resources at national and international.
- Hire staff to provide services to the Arenal Volcano National Park.
- Manage grants and non-essential services Arenal Volcano National Park.
- Support and develop any specific project in other protected areas.
- Collaborate in establishing an emergency plan around the Arenal Volcano National Park.
- Manage financial resources and collaborate with other public and private.
- * Paul Valencia Herrera (Chairman)
- * Humberto Mora Bermúdez (Treasurer)
- * Xinia Arce Vargas (Secretary)
- * Sabillón Mirna Garcia (Representative Municipality of San Carlos)
- * Francisco Ramirez Noguera (Representing National Conservation Areas)
- * Rodrigo Valverde Sanchez (Prosecutor)
- 3 members of the community
- 1 representative of the Executive
- 1 representative of Municipality
- 1 Prosecutor.
2. Executive Director
- Biologist Diego Quesada Morales.